How to care for gold jewelry
Gold jewelry is not very squeamish, but if it is not carefully maintained, it will lose its original luster and charm. In general, the following points are to be aware of:
1. The chemicals in detergent will change the color of gold, so gold jewelry should be removed before cleaning.
2. Avoid direct contact with highly volatile substances such as perfume and hairspray, otherwise it will easily lead to fading of gold ornaments.
3. Remove the gold ornaments when swimming to avoid chemical changes on the surface after touching the seawater or pool water.
4. When storing, wrap it with flannel and put it in the jewelry box to avoid friction and damage.
5. Gold is soft and easy to deform, so do not pull necklaces and other accessories to avoid deformation. 6. Pure gold jewelry will have a chemical reaction when it encounters mercury, and white spots will appear. When cleaning, just grill it under an alcohol lamp for a while to restore its original color.
7. After wearing, the gold jewelry often loses its luster due to the contamination of stains and dust. At this time, just soak the gold jewelry in a neutral detergent and wash it with warm water, then take it out and wipe it dry.
In the next issue, we will introduce how to maintain platinum jewelry?